Wednesday, May 28

Happenings, week 21

IMG_0834

What I like
* getting a pedicure and walking on air afterwards
* C, her baby boy T, J and me visiting our colleagues at the elementary school we worked at
* kids in 2nd grade loving J and asking amusing questions about giving birth (Who did support me in delivery room? My sister? Uncle? Mum? The whole family?)
* having an outdoor pizza dinner with S and J
* J being very active, squeaking when we play with him, loving cuddling and singing with us ("Hänsel und Gretel verliefen sich im Wald...")
* the living room being redesigned with a new sofa and a comfortable hanging chair
* our balcony and the smell of lavender surrounding me
* having a sunny outdoor lunch with J and my parents at Yppenmarkt
* ice cream from Veganista (although I wouldn't say it's the best ice cream in town)
* J wearing short-sleeved shirts for the first time in his life
* learning to act like a for-armed mum
* dinner with our dearest friends B & C, M & M and their little dog Purzel
* listening to the nearing thunderstorm while sitting in our new hanging chair with J
* J turning 11 weeks old on Saturday
* cooking delicious Pasta Asciutta
* being invited to a baby's first birthday party and being overwhelmed by E & C's beautiful house and garden in the countryside
* listening to baby mama's secrets and tips

What I read and watched
* the movie Otto - Der Film
* the book Delancey by Molly Wizenberg
* this interview with Anja Plaschg (who makes great music as Soap&Skin) over at Freunde von Freunden
* these photos showing the wonderful Oregon Coast (we visited Cannon Beach and Indian Beach at Ecola State Park on our honeymoon in 2012)

What I don't like
* the weather being too muggy for my baby boy
* sometimes more, sometimes less: living in a city

3 comments:

Anna said... May 30, 2014 at 9:48 AM

Thank you for this kind of post!! a lot of beautiful suggestion!!
and congratulations for your baby!!

Anna said... May 30, 2014 at 9:52 AM

because I live now in München and I'm a new german student so all your german recommendation are soooo good for me!! :)))) thank you!!

Astrid said... August 6, 2014 at 9:08 AM

It has been a while since you blogged. I miss these "happenings" posts. Hope everything is fine with you and your little family.

Post a Comment

Hej, thank you for visiting. I'd really love to read your comment!